Ernst Welteke, president of the German central bank, said in an interview with the Financial Times: "If investigations are under way into drugs dealing, terrorism or tax avoidance, and reach a dead-end due to bank secrecy, then it's difficult for me to understand that.
"In some cases, we app
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio