Ernst Welteke, president of the German central bank, said in an interview with the Financial Times: "If investigations are under way into drugs dealing, terrorism or tax avoidance, and reach a dead-end due to bank secrecy, then it's difficult for me to understand that.
"In some cases, we
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group