New money is essential for Argentina to pull itself out of a deep financial crisis that has caused widespread rioting and deep social unrest.
Argentina has been cut off from outside funds since it defaulted on $141bn of external loans in December.
Since then, prices have spiralled, unemployment has surged, and the economy is in a state of ne
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré