Under the agreement, signed by Bank of Japan Gov. Masaru Hayami and People's Bank of China Gov. Dai Xianglong, Tokyo will supply Beijing with yen in exchange for yuan if China's balance of payments deteriorates sharply. China will supply Japan with yuan for yen under similar circumstances. The loan ceiling is equivalent to $3 billion.
Japan and China have the two largest foreign-currency reserves in the wor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor