Addressing the 11th Monetary Policy Forum in Abuja on Thursday, he said what the political leaders, especially governors were asking for would only exacerbate the liquidity overhang by triggering high rate of inflation and make life more difficult for Nigerians, if they have their way.
"Some of them are telling me, in a developing country
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank