Alberto Reyes, a deputy central bank governor, said the Monetary Board approved last week the reduction of the general loan-loss provision to 1% from 2% of total loans, but imposed a 5% reserve for possible losses on restructured loans.
He said the twin moves will align
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push