The Fed chief will appear before the panel to talk about monetary policy and the current economic situation.
Congress and the White House are considering a package of tax cuts and other measures to help boost the US economy, badly shaken by the 11 September terror attacks on New York and Washington.
Meanwhile the US Federal Reserve was expected to slash interest
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system