The five-year deposit carries an interest rate of 4 percent. Qatar promised Premier Rafik Hariri that it will deposit $100 million soon. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates have collectively deposited about $1 billion with Lebanese central bank since 1998.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde