The central bank said from next May lenders can choose to keep minimum liquid assets (MLA) at a level between 12 and 18 percent compared with an existing 18 percent minimum, if they can meet specific risk-related requirements.
"The new framework
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations