The estimated reserve requirement for the previous period stood at 126.4 billion euros. The current maintenance period ends on 23 August.
For each period the ECB sets a minimum requirement for the amount of money euro zone credit institutions must hold with the central bank.
It also publishes estimated targets before the end of the period to give money
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says