The adjustment became necessary when the demand for foreign exchange by banks surged from a daily average of between $27m dollars and $35m to $138.9m, CBN spokesman Tony Ede was quoted as saying Apr 10.
"During the trading, when we noticed the huge demand for for
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says