The IMF said it could not hand over the loan because it had been unable to complete a necessary review.
The move is a major blow for the country's beleaguered Economy Minister, Domingo Cavallo. It also revives fears that Argentina could default on its massive debt of $132bn.
The news came after the IMF's 24-member executive board met informally to hear a report from the head of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde