The report cited the latest figures from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), but did not specify when reserves had reached the 1.0 trln usd level.
It has been widely expected that the figure hit the 1 trillion mark soon, particularly as SAFE said that reserves hit 987.9 bln usd at the end of September.
The report is likely to renew the argument over
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations