The move follows a year-long review of the central bank's balance sheet, aimed at improving the efficiency with which the Reserve Bank conducts monetary policy and other functions such as currency, liquidity and foreign reserves management.
Bollard noted that the central bank's policy of t
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure