The central bank's policymakers were expected to approve the currency swaps at a meeting in the day as a way of managing its reserves more effectively and boosting South Korea's investment activity overseas.
The BOK said it had delayed a decision on the plan because it needs to be deliberated further.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations