The central bank's policymakers were expected to approve the currency swaps at a meeting in the day as a way of managing its reserves more effectively and boosting South Korea's investment activity overseas.
The BOK said it had delayed a decision on the plan because it needs to be deliberated further.
- Is Donald Trump undermining the Fed’s independence?
- Regulation could stabilise crypto asset market, experts argue
- Reserves preservation key in Tunisia amid growing challenges – El Abassi
- People: San Fran Fed appoints head of research
- China’s exchange rate poses major challenge to fairer trade – US Treasury