According to the statement on its website, the central bank said there was no need to sell the greenback, as it did not accumulate international reserves during the last three months.
The Banco de Mexico introduced a new system in 2003 based on daily auctioning dollars whereby it reduces its holding of foreign reserves. The central bank does not want to accumulate dollar assets,
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says