The central bank said on Friday 29 February that it would lift the reserve requirement because of the adverse impact that it is having on businesses looking to raise capital from abroad.
The central bank introduced the measure in December 2006 to deter short-term capital inflows and one-way speculation on the baht, which had led to the excessive volatility of the currency.
The measure had achieved its ob
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says