Eswar S Prasad, The dollar trap: how the US dollar tightened its grip on global finance, Princeton University Press, 2014, pages xix + 408.
Eswar Prasad, a Cornell University academic who has worked in the research department and as head of the China division at the International Monetary Fund, has written a lively and compelling analysis on currency wars in the wake of the financial crisis – and the likely persistence of the US dollar as the world’s pre-eminent currency.
The fundamental theme i
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?