Eswar S Prasad, The dollar trap: how the US dollar tightened its grip on global finance, Princeton University Press, 2014, pages xix + 408.
Eswar Prasad, a Cornell University academic who has worked in the research department and as head of the China division at the International Monetary Fund, has written a lively and compelling analysis on currency wars in the wake of the financial crisis – and the likely persistence of the US dollar as the world’s pre-eminent currency.
The fundamental theme i
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system