Click here to view the full article.
The need for an efficient, effective and economic use of scarce public resources in the face of increased demands on the state has given rise to the use of performance-based budgeting (PBB) in the official sector. Unlike traditional, input-oriented budgeting systems, PBB places a significant focus on outputs to ensure effective resource utilisation. The Central Bank of Turkey has used a PBB approach to its budgeting since 2007.
Despite being known by many gu
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis