Click here to view the full article.
The need for an efficient, effective and economic use of scarce public resources in the face of increased demands on the state has given rise to the use of performance-based budgeting (PBB) in the official sector. Unlike traditional, input-oriented budgeting systems, PBB places a significant focus on outputs to ensure effective resource utilisation. The Central Bank of Turkey has used a PBB approach to its budgeting since 2007.
Despite being known by many gu
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?