Majority of central banks plan to revamp website in next two years

Institutions aim to improve visual design, information architecture and user experience on their sites

Most central banks have plans to overhaul their website in the next two years, data from the Communications Benchmarks 2024 shows.

Twenty out of 34 central banks (59%) that responded to the newly added question say they expect to revamp their websites in the coming two years, while the remaining 14 institutions (41%) say they do not have plans currently.

The results suggest there is a greater tendency for central banks from lower income economies to plan for a near-term revamp of their websites

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Central Banking? View our subscription options

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account