The Bank of Canada’s Carolyn Wilkins sees challenges for monetary policy and the economy as a whole, as increasing digitalisation and growing market power shift our traditional understanding of the mechanisms at play.
The senior deputy governor emphasised how market structures shape the fundamentals of the economy, and therefore affect how “monetary policy is transmitted through the economy and the conduct of monetary policy”.
As digitalisation shifts market structures, central banks and other
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed