The Federal Reserve is still learning about how AI (artificial intelligence) tools are being used in the financial sector, and is weighing how best to controls risks in the area, governor Lael Brainard said on November 13.
“When considering financial innovation of any type, our task is to facilitate an environment in which socially beneficial, responsible innovation can progress with appropriate mitigation of risk,” she told a conference in Philadelphia.
AI is increasingly posing a headache to
- RBI unveils vision for e-payments overhaul
- Weidmann warns trade war likely to hurt US more than Germany
- Don Kohn offers advice on macro-pru under uncertainty
- New IMF data reveals non-banks drive capital flows when global risks rise
- Trade protection leads to recessions in the long run – Bank of Canada researcher