Australian regulators are seeking to build a regime that fosters innovation while maintaining stability, Reserve Bank of Australia assistant governor Michele Bullock said on July 8.
She said Australian authorities, in common with many other jurisdictions, were adopting a “graduated” approach to regulation, tailoring rules depending on the activities of would-be entrants to the market. Part of that approach includes the use of a regulatory sandbox.
Two issues will be of particular importance in
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management