Policyholders of insurance supplied by Colonial Life Insurance Company (Clico) are threatening to take the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago to court for failing to flag ballooning deficit in Clico's statutory fund.
Trinidad Express Newspapers, a newspaper, on Friday reported that Donna Denbow, an attorney representing five holders of Clico's executive flexible premium annuity policies, had sent a "pre-action protocol letter" to Ewart Williams, the governor of the Central Bank of Trinidad and
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure