The Government Pension Fund Global, Norway's sovereign wealth fund (SWF), could do more to promote responsible investments – and the responsibility for doing so should be handed to the Norwegian central bank, according to a report published yesterday by the Norwegian Ministry of Finance.
The SWF's Strategy Council, a body formed to oversee the fund's investment strategy, performed the research to look for ways to pursue more sustainable investments, with a view to boosting long-run returns, and
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously