The Government Pension Fund Global, Norway's sovereign wealth fund (SWF), could do more to promote responsible investments – and the responsibility for doing so should be handed to the Norwegian central bank, according to a report published yesterday by the Norwegian Ministry of Finance.
The SWF's Strategy Council, a body formed to oversee the fund's investment strategy, performed the research to look for ways to pursue more sustainable investments, with a view to boosting long-run returns, and
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?