Singapore is bidding to attract more foreign exchange players in an effort to become the largest electronic price discovery hub in Asia, Jacqueline Loh, deputy managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), told delegates at the 14th annual FX Week Asia conference.
Singapore is currently the third-largest forex trading centre in the world, after London and New York, and its share of trading volumes is growing. But while Asia saw its slice of global forex volumes inch higher to
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure