Singapore is bidding to attract more foreign exchange players in an effort to become the largest electronic price discovery hub in Asia, Jacqueline Loh, deputy managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), told delegates at the 14th annual FX Week Asia conference.
Singapore is currently the third-largest forex trading centre in the world, after London and New York, and its share of trading volumes is growing. But while Asia saw its slice of global forex volumes inch higher to
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit