South Korean authorities have announced plans to gradually disclose details of their foreign exchange (forex) interventions in a bid to improve transparency and avoid any perception of manipulating the currency.
The policy turnaround was announced jointly by the ministry of strategy and finance and the Bank of Korea today (May 17), following an economic policy meeting organised by the two authorities. According to locally based reporters, a joint statement from the Bank of Korea and the finance
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management