The Swiss National Bank (SNB) recorded the highest profits of its history in 2017 on its interventions in foreign exchange markets and the depreciation of the franc, the annual report of the central bank says.
The SNB reported a profit of Sfr54.4 billion ($57 billion), up from Sfr24 billion in 2016. The main contributing factor was the profits yielded by the foreign currency positions of the central bank, which reached Sfr49.7 billion. The acquisition of euros and dollars is one of the two main
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde