The Bank of Thailand has stepped up its efforts to cool the Thai baht by allowing more individual investors to invest directly in foreign securities.
Individuals with assets of between 50 million baht ($1.59 million) and 100 million baht can now invest up to $1 million per year in foreign securities without intermediaries, said Vachira Arromdee, assistant governor for market operations, in a statement published on February 1.
Previously, the Thai authorities only allowed investors with more th
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production