Foreign exchange (forex) reserves in Barbados are at critical levels, with only 6.6 weeks of import cover left. Nevertheless, the Central Bank of Barbados’s governor has called for markets to remain calm.
“We have challenges which we need to face up to, but it does not require panic,” said Cleviston Haynes on January 31. “It requires us to address the issues which confront us. Panic won’t get us anywhere.”
Speaking on the release of the central bank’s Review of Barbados’ Economic Outlook for 2
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Bahamas central bank chooses design for new headquarters