Many countries have built up a massive amount of foreign exchange (forex) reserves over the past decade, and the pace accelerated after the global financial crisis. While holding prudential reserves has been important for both crisis prevention and crisis mitigation, there has been less discussion about the effectiveness of reserves.
“In an atmosphere of algorithmic trading and electronic trading, we already know that intervention has limited effectiveness. And now intervention is more difficul
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations