Many countries have built up a massive amount of foreign exchange (forex) reserves over the past decade, and the pace accelerated after the global financial crisis. While holding prudential reserves has been important for both crisis prevention and crisis mitigation, there has been less discussion about the effectiveness of reserves.
“In an atmosphere of algorithmic trading and electronic trading, we already know that intervention has limited effectiveness. And now intervention is more difficul
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says