Central banks in developing countries are "making strides" in modernising their monetary policy frameworks, but may have to wait before adopting "full-blown" inflation targeting, Federal Reserve vice-chair Stanley Fischer warned on June 30.
Fischer suggested no policy framework is "suitable for all countries for all times", and central banks must tailor them according to the specific challenges facing their economies and the structure of their financial markets.
"It is likely that the monetary p
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations