Unconventional measures, such as a support programme for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and negative interest rates on the deposit facility, were discussed at the meeting of the European Central Bank's (ECB) governing council meeting today, but will not be implemented yet, ECB president Mario Draghi has said.
Both the ECB and the Bank of England (BoE) decided to maintain the current stance of monetary policy during meetings today. At a press conference following the ECB's decision, Dr
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector