A review of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee's (MPC) forecasting capabilities conducted by former Federal Reserve official, David Stockton, has found a serial bias towards over-predicting output growth and under-predicting inflation.
"The MPC's recent forecast performance has been noticeably worse than prior to the crisis, and marginally worse than that of outside forecasters," Stockton said in a report published today (November 2). "The forecast errors of the MPC have been charac
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot