Canada: The board of directors of the Bank of Canada has appointed Paul Beaudry as deputy governor, effective on February 18.
Beaudry will join the bank’s governing council, contributing to monetary and financial stability policy decisions. He will share responsibility for overseeing the bank’s financial system activities with deputy governor Lynn Patterson.
Beaudry is currently a professor of economics at the University of British Columbia’s Vancouver School of Economics. Previously, he has
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn