The Central Bank of Somalia has begun the process of recruiting a new governor in preparation for the departure of Bashir Isse in November this year, opening up the search to global financial experts.
The new governor, the central bank says in an advert published in The Economist, will continue “major ongoing reforms”, including the issuance of a new national currency and development of the central bank’s institutional capacity.
They will also have oversight over the creation of a new central
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management