Australia: The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) appointed John Simon as head of economic research today, one of two top posts in the central bank's economic group.
Simon was named deputy head of the department in February, when he returned to the RBA after spending three years on secondment to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), where he worked on its flagship World Economic Outlook.
He replaces Alexandra Heath, who moved to the other senior role in the group – head of economic analysis – in J
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank