The Gambian authorities should continue to strengthen the Central Bank of The Gambia’s (CBG) autonomy through amendments to the central bank act, the International Monetary Fund has said.
“With fiscal dominance now waning, it will be important to strengthen the central bank’s independence as well as operational effectiveness,” staff say in the IMF’s latest health assessment of the African country.
According to the central bank’s latest available annual report (2015), the central bank had loane
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde