The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will ease loan-to-value ratio (LVR) restrictions on housing loans at the beginning of 2019, saying risks in the sector had fallen.
“Both mortgage credit growth and house price inflation have eased to more sustainable rates, reducing the riskiness of banks’ new housing lending,” governor Adrian Orr said today (November 28).
From January 2019, up to 20% of new mortgage loans to owner occupiers can have deposits of less than 20%, compared with the previous limit of
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund