Top central bankers and supervisors gave the final sign-off on the Basel III framework today (December 7), although at least one important element remains undecided.
At a press conference this evening, European Central Bank president Mario Draghi, who heads the Group of Central Bank Governors and Heads of Supervision (GHOS), confirmed the top oversight body had signed off on most the work of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
Draghi said: “Today’s endorsement of the Basel III reforms
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations