Top central bankers and supervisors gave the final sign-off on the Basel III framework today (December 7), although at least one important element remains undecided.
At a press conference this evening, European Central Bank president Mario Draghi, who heads the Group of Central Bank Governors and Heads of Supervision (GHOS), confirmed the top oversight body had signed off on most the work of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
Draghi said: “Today’s endorsement of the Basel III reforms
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?