The National Bank of Cambodia looks set to be one of the first central banks to use blockchain technology in its national payment system, according to a report released by the World Economic Forum.
The WEF paper, Central banks and distributed ledger technology, differs from much of the other research on blockchain by exploring cases that do not relate to central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).
“Central bank activities with blockchain and DLT are not always well known or communicated,” said
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed