Fintech can increase a country’s growth potential while boosting financial inclusion for its citizens, the deputy governor of the South African Reserve Bank said.
Speaking in Cape Town on November 27, Francois Groepe said shifting from an “industrial to a digital economy” was an opportunity for countries to “leverage innovation”.
“Fintech holds great potential which can meaningfully lift the growth potential of our economy and significantly improve efficiencies,” he said.
The South African
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner