A payment system failure in Mozambique was the result of a software provider cutting off the service because it had not been paid, according to a representative of the firm.
Speaking to Central Banking, a representative from BizFirst – payment system provider for Mozambique – says there was never a fault and the issue was a result of the company cutting off access.
“The problem was that neither the Bank of Mozambique nor the country’s interbank group, of which 51% is owned by the central bank,
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner