The Hong Kong Monetary Authority has proposed a framework for open application programming interfaces (APIs), which would allow third parties to access bank systems and data to improve consumers’ experience.
In the consultation paper published on January 11, the HKMA invites comments from the industry on the approach to creating an open API framework, including the API functions, deployment timeframe and technical standards.
APIs allow different applications to talk to each other and exchange
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations