The European Commission's (EC) outgoing head of the internal market and services division, Michel Barnier, has hinted that the EC will extend the temporary exemption pension funds have from mandatory clearing of their over-the-counter derivatives trades beyond 2015.
Pension funds may have to clear their OTC derivatives as early as August 2015, but in an interview with Central Banking's sister publication Risk, Barnier says he does not believe the clearing system is ready for pension funds to cle
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system