The Bank of Thailand is encouraging the financial sector to embrace technology in pursuit of higher productivity, greater resilience and more inclusivity, governor Veerathai Santiprabhob said on July 12.
In his remarks, the governor highlighted the potential of blockchain technology for facilitating regional payments, which he said could boost productivity. The Bank of Thailand is operating a regulatory sandbox, with a cross-border blockchain system as one of several technologies on trial.
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit