Transaction accounts are the key to opening up financial inclusion and policy-makers have a range of options available to them to increase their usage, the Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures (CPMI) and World Bank said in a report published on September 9.
Transaction accounts could be anything from a traditional bank account to a mobile payments platform such as M-Pesa, so long as they facilitate electronic transactions, the report said. Opening such an account is an important firs
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase