Macro-prudential policies in the eurozone have significant cross-border spillovers, a working paper published by the European Central Bank finds.
In Macro-prudential policy in a monetary union with cross-border banking, Matthieu Darracq Pariès, Christoffer Kok and Elena Rancoita present a two-country dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model. The authors calibrate their model for the four largest euro area countries – France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
They pay particular attention to
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed