Governments in major cities in China should focus on restoring the housing market’s “stability and predictability” to ensure the economy can withstand a sudden fall in house prices, according to research published by the International Monetary Fund.
In the paper, which looks to understand how China can stabilise its housing market, Richard Koss and Xinrui Shi say governments should stop focusing on reaching and maintaining a targeted home price level.
“While often painful, markets should be al
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde