Swift, the global payments messaging service provider, has issued a new warning to customers on cyber-security breaches. The new report comes weeks before clients must comply with the deadline for the firm’s Customer Security Controls Framework.
The report was sent to customers today (November 29), drawing attention to cyber attacks over the past 18 months, which have used increasingly sophisticated malware to breach systems.
“Adversaries have advanced their knowledge,” Swift says in the repor
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure
- De La Rue beats European competition to Swedish banknote contract
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds