The Federal Reserve Bank of New York has published the code behind its “nowcasting” model, offering economists the chance to replicate the results or tweak the model for different applications.
The dynamic factor model has allowed Fed economists to estimate real GDP growth on a weekly basis, a far more timely indicator than the quarterly official figures. The nowcasts have been published online by the New York Fed since April 2016.
The code behind the model is now available free for download
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group